A journey of lifetime
Kailash Manasarovar Yatra
(June 11 – June 23, 2017)
Kailash is an imposing 22,000-foot tall majestic and magnificent mountain in southwest Tibet. It would be an understatement, however to call it just a mountain. It is a being, a legend, an enigma, a revelation.
A journey to Kailash is said to reveal the deepest spiritual secrets of great beings who lived and moved in this mountain over several thousands of years. Science has proved that Himalayas are geologically alive, moving 20 mm every year. Four mighty rivers have their source in Kailash – Brahmaputra, the Sutlej, Ganges and the Indus. Kailash is revered as one of the holiest and most significant spiritual places by millions of people across different religions of the world.
The journey to Kailash is a life-changing experience to the many thousands of pilgrims who undertake it each year. It is a journey from the outside to the inside.
Brahma yatra, a sacred journey by Ulchemy, lead by Guruji Mithresiva, offers you a unique opportunity to embark on the journey to this mystical, magical peak, with a master. It is like walking through the greatest mystical library with a guide by your side.
Here’s why you should not miss the chance to be a part of Brahmayatra 2017
- The majestic mount Kailash and lake Mansarovar is an integral part of the spiritual experience of most of Asian civilization
- Hindus believe, the lake was created in the mind of Brahma (and hence Mana (mind) + Sarovar (lake)) and hence purifies sins committed over a hundred lifetimes
- The Bon religion believes Kailash is the spiritual seat of power
- Buddhists believe that deities bathes Maya in Manasarovar lake when she conceived Buddha
- Hindus also believe Mt. Kailash to be the holy abode of Lord Shiva
- For Jains, Mt. Kailash is the site where their first prophet attained enlightenment
- Legend according to Tibetan tradition has it, whenever a certain number of realized beings gather in this location, Gauthama Buddha physically manifests himself
Every one of you, who will undertake this journey to the roof of the world, will undergo a humbling transformation, one which cannot be described, but only felt. Get ready for some incredible experiences. Soak in the sights of Cliff-Top monasteries, Snowy passes, Yak Caravans, and the majestic peaks of the Himalayan Ranges. But more importantly, get ready to have an enthralling journey within you, to understand your own self with Guruji Mithreshiva.
Date and details of the Yatra
Departure from Mumbai to Kathmandu on June 11th, 2017, 07:55 am. Return journey from Kathmandu to Mumbai – June 23rd, 2017, 08:10 pm.
You can directly join us from Mumbai on the date of journey.
Registration closes on May 15th, 2017.
Program Itinerary – Brief
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu.
Please arrive at Kathmandu by 5 PM. Get a glimpse of the cheerful Kathmandu as you are transferred to the Hotel. Expect an orientation on the yatra by 7 PM
Day 2: Kathmandu – Nepalgunj
Devote a day to guided Kathmanu tour. Visit the ancient Pashupatinath temple, considered the holiest temple in Nepal. Also visit the awe inspiring Guheswari Temple. By afternoon, fly to Nepalgunj. Satsang and orientation bring the day to a close.
Day 3 – Fly to Simikot
Fly to Simikot . See the unique lifestyle and unparalleled beauty of Simikot. Satsang and talk by Guruji completes the day
Day 4: Hilsa-Taklakot
The day starts with a 20 minute helicopter ride to Hilsa. From there we drive to Taklakot via Purang Border. Overnight stay at Taklakot
Day 5: Manasarovar
Prepare yourself for a breathtaking first view of the Manasarovar lake as we pass through it on your journey. Stay overnight on the banks of this lake and be one with the tranquility that surrounds this place
Day 6: Manasarovar
Your first view of this lake will feel surreal and magnificent. Today is a day of meditation and invocation. Experience a cleansing and refreshing dip in the lake which is said to have incredible healing powers and is capable of washing off all your mortal sins.
Day 7 and 8: Kailash
Get ready for a trail as gratifying than it is challenging. Drive to the point of the trek, Yamadwar and then trek to Dirapuk. Enroute soak in the sights of cliff top monasteries, Yak Caravans and snowy passes. As you stay overnight at the base of Kailash, indulge in the beauty and grandeur of the mighty Kailash
Day 9: Return to Hilsa
Finish Kailash Parikrama by foot and drive back to Hilsa
Day 10: Kathmandu
Fly back to Kathmandu. Soak the sights and beauty of the place. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 11: Departure from Kathmandu
You return to Kathmandu carrying a beautiful experience of Kailash Manasarovar in your hearts. Transfers to airport.
*Sometimes due to last minute changes in government rules or in case of natural calamities like landslides etc, a few changes in itenary may happen. We seek your cooperation at these times.
- Arrival, departure transfers and sightseeing tour in Kathmandu by private car/van/coach as per the program.
- Dedicated Dakshina Foundation’s volunteer team will accompany you throughout the journey
- Experienced tour leader / coordinator with each group from Kathmandu to Kathmandu.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu for 2 nights and for 1 night in Nepalgunj on full board
- Accommodation in Simikot at and in Tibet at the best available hotels / guesthouses.
- Wholesome vegetarian meals throughout the journey from Kathmandu to Kathmandu.
- All transfers in Tibet by coach with English speaking guide and baggage, equipment’s by truck.
- All kitchen equipment’s, kitchen utensils etc.
- Duffle bag (big bag for keeping personal clothes and equipment’s).
- Warm jacket on returnable basis.
- Container for taking Manasarovar “Jal” home.
- Services of sardar, cook, kitchen boys and helpers.
- Oxygen cylinder.
- Pulse and Oximeter.
- Experienced and friendly drivers throughout the trip
- Basic First-Aid box.
- Gamow bag (lifesaving bag at high altitude) and basic First-Aid box.
- Tibet visa fee and permit fee for Kailash and Manasarovar.
- Simikot permit and Royalty.
- Airfare of regular flights Kathmandu / Nepalgunj / Simikot / Nepalgunj / Kathmandu.
- Helicopter chartered flights for Simikot / Hilsa / Simikot.
- Certificate on successful completion of the tour.
- Yaks and Yak-men to carry baggage, food, fuel etc. while making “parikrama” of Mt. Kailash.
- Porterage wherever applicable in Tibet.
- Photos of the journey will be shared with the entire group
- Yatris must be above 18 years of age and physically and mentally fit
- Please note that the trek is not advised for pregnant women, those suffering from chronic heart conditions, uncontrolled BP, epilepsy, diabetes, asthma, obesity ,Physiological conditions and physical disabilities
- A valid passport with minimum validity of 180 days from the expiry date
- Indian passport holders do not need a visa in Nepal
- The Tibet and China visas will be organized by Dakshina foundation for everyone
- To facilitate this, your original passport is required at New Delhi, well in advance to the departure date. We will let you know the details on this prior to the journey
Phone no: +91 9698880808